Let us start by saying, “everyone needs a rapid antigen test.” It is not strange to the ears that COVID 19 has come to stay. Based on research, coronavirus is a virus that has spent a long time in the air. There have been severe cases that shook the world. The world is full of experts and gurus. So, nothing has ever stopped the world from advancing. But in 2019, the coronavirus penetrated, and the story changed.
COVID 19 did not only affect lives. It also affects economies in the world. This deadly virus penetrated every corner of the world. It got to a point people thought the world was coming to an end. Therefore, the introduction of a rapid antigen test is what the world brought out to tackle the coronavirus. Of course, the fact remains that rapid antigen testing is not a virus killer, and neither is it a corrective measure. But it came with a great solution to how the world can move on without being on the spot because of one virus. Oh! Do you even know the meaning of rapid antigen test (RAT)? There’s no cause for alarm. We’ll talk about it.
What are the things you should expect in this article? In this write-up, we shall create a piece of background knowledge about the meaning of the rapid antigen test. Also, we’ll talk about the signs and symptoms that may show that one needs a rapid antigen test.
However, you have something unique to contribute. It’s not something big. We only need your total concentration, and we urge you to pay rapt attention to the details here. Are you ready for the ride?
What is a rapid antigen test?
In the olden days, no one dares to carry out a test on their own. You need to visit a doctor to examine you. But these days, there is a self-test instrument that doesn’t require a medical practitioner’s interference. One of them is the rapid antigen test. A rapid antigen test is a self-test to detect whether one is battling with coronavirus or not. It’s a kit that contains medical equipment that an individual can do by themselves and get the outcome as soon as possible. With this unique tool, everyone now has access to test themselves right in their comfort zone. So, you can be at home and test yourself. A rapid antigen test kit contains medical equipment that is easy to use and read. Now, everyone can tell if they have COVID or not. Isn’t that amazing? We can tell you vividly that right from when this tool was introduced to the world, there has been an enormous reduction in the spread of coronavirus.
Also, this tool brought the idea of self-examination. The only reason one can inform a medical practitioner is when one is tested to be positive. It is expedient to inform your doctor about your health. Then, your doctor can prescribe or tell you what to do.
Signs that show that you need a rapid antigen test
- Fever: If you’re feeling feverish, you may need to run this test to know if there is coronavirus in your body system. Fever is one of the most common symptoms of COVID. Therefore, don’t just assume you’re battling malaria or any other sickness. The moment you perceive that you’re feverish, get your rapid antigen test and run it to know if you’re safe from COVID.
- Loss of taste or smell: Some people lost their lives due to this symptom. They assume they are battling other sicknesses, and they engage in self-medication. The matter got worsened, and it claimed their lives. If you’ve seen this symptom, you need to rise and do the needful. Loss of taste or smell is one of the crucial signs that one may be battling COVID in one’s system. Therefore, you need a RAT to give you direction. In the world today, it’s all about COVID. So, if we see any signs, we shouldn’t joke about it or consider it another sickness. If you run RAT on yourself and it reads negative, you can now start thinking about other sicknesses.
- Cough: One can easily assume that one is battling tuberculosis or other sicknesses related to cough. In fact, cough is one of the symptoms that shows in some people when they have malaria. Even at that, it is wrong to judge or assume these days that cough is not a serious matter that needs attention. If you’ve seen this symptom, don’t assume all is well. Before taking other steps, you need to get your rapid antigen test kit and check if you’re safe from COVID 19. Of course, you will see how to run the test online. We have also written an article on how to run RAT.
- Tiredness: Have you been feeling tired? Do you get tired quickly? It may be coronavirus. Don’t take this tiredness to be another sickness if you’ve not done a test to prove your negativity toward COVID. Then, how can you get that? RAT is what you need. If you run this test on yourself, you’ll know if the tiredness comes from COVID in your body. And if it shows negative, you can now opt-out to explore other options. What is rampant out there today is COVID 19. One scary thing is that these COVID symptoms are typical signs we see when we have other sicknesses like malaria and typhoid.
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath: One of the signs one should not overlook is shortness of breath. Hence, once you notice that you find breathing so hard, there should be a cause for alarm. In Italy, the symptoms they witnessed in 2019 regarding COVID is the inability to breathe. And this claims the lives of people in Italy. Therefore, if you notice that breathing is so hard, you need to run RAT on yourself.
On a final note
Dear reader, this write-up has done justice to vital things you need to know. Please, rise and take the necessary steps you’ve seen in the above-listed symptoms. Don’t wait until the matter goes beyond the normal. You can still live a better life.