Bath Salts: How To Use Them With Or Without A Bathtub
Just as edible salts make your food taste better, bath salts make your soul happy! There are numerous benefits of bathing with bath salts, and we will be talking about them all! The most commonly used bath salts are Epsom Salt and Dead Sea Salt. These bath salts give you a relaxing bath and allow you to wind down after a tiresome day! The bath salts contain all sorts of flavor and goodness. They are incredible for soothing your irritated skin, healing sore muscles, boosting relaxation and tranquility, etc.
That’s all great and fancy till you realize you do not have a bathtub - ouch! Does that mean you can’t use these relaxing bath salts? Of course, you can! And we will be talking about that as well. So let’s find out all the goody-goody of bath salts and how you can use them even if you are missing a bathtub.
Benefits Of Bath Salts
- Makes skin soft: Exfoliates skin and removes dead skin cells to give you supple, smooth, and radiant skin. Bath salts also remove toxins from your body.
2.Increases relaxation: The soft texture, along with essential oils like lavender and peppermint, helps to relax your mind and body. It also helps alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Reduces soreness: Along with exfoliating skin and offers relaxation, bath salts can help reduce muscle tightness and soreness. The negatively charged ions are the reason why the pain dissipates.
- Helps soothing irritated skin: If you have dry skin or calluses, the bath salt can help you heal your skin problems. The formulation of bath salts is mild, so it doesn’t sting your skin at all.
- Sound Sleep: Bath salts contain essential oils and other ingredients that help you relax and sleep better. If you suffer from insomnia, bathing with bath salt can help you wind down.
How To Use Bath Salts In Bathtub
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water (not too hot, not too cold).
- Pour 2 to 4 cups of bath salts of your choice
- Dissolve the salts completely when the water is running; you will get a silky texture
- Immerse inside the water and soak yourself for 20-60 minutes.
- Dry yourself completely and use a good moisturizer to lock in moisture.
Note: If you have fresh wounds or cuts, it’s better not to use bath salts as they can sting your affected area.
How To Use Bath Salts Without a Bathtub
Use them in showers
Wet yourself in lukewarm water. Take a handful of bath salt and sprinkle them all over your body. Then using an exfoliating glove, gently rub the salts in a circular motion until all the salt grains are dissolved in your skin. You can use bare hands as well. This will create a smooth texture on your skin and remove all the dead cells. The aroma of the salts will help soothe your mind and body.
Make a body scrub
Wet yourself first; this makes the application better. Then, take a bowl, pour 2-3 cups of bath salts, and add a few drops of your desired essential oils to the mixture. Next, add a cup of water and mix all the ingredients together. Make sure the mixture’s consistency isn’t too runny or too thick. Don’t stir much, or you may dissolve all the salts in the mixture; 1-2 stirs is enough. You can also add a third cup of coconut, olive, or avocado oil, but that’s optional. Now, use them as you would use a scrub. Remember not to apply it on your face, though. The harsh particles can damage your skin barrier.
Make a hand & feet soak
If you want to achieve the benefits of bath salt soaking but don’t have a tub, this is a great way to do so. Take 2 containers, one for soaking your hands and another for your feet. Make sure the feet soaking container is big enough for your feet. Fill both the container with warm water and pour a few cups of bath salts in each container. Dissolve the salt in the water thoroughly and soak!
Best Bath Salts Of 2021
Now that we have covered the benefits and the procedure of using bath salts with or without a bathtub, let’s look at some of the options.
Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath
Dr. Teal’s foaming bath salt contains ingredients that soothe sore muscles and tired feet. It contains a blend of Epsom salts, lavender, and other essential oils to help revitalize and relax your body, mind, and soul. Thanks to lavender essential oil, you won’t have sleepless nights anymore. They are easy to use and apply. The foaming bubbles last long and give you a spa-like feel.
San Francisco Salt Co
So, what do we have in San Francisco Salt Co bath salt? Let’s see, a blend of sea salts scented with lavender essential oil. The grains are fine to medium, so it’s gentle on the skin. As we know, lavender has soothing benefits and can help you relax and sleep like a baby. Besides giving you a soothing effect, it can also alleviate muscle aches and pains.
Village Naturals Mineral Bath Soak
If you are a budget queen or king, this will blow your mind away! Why? Because you are getting 3 different bath salts jars at a very comfortable price range. Village Naturals Mineral Bath Soak contains a blend of salts, essential oils, and extracts for rejuvenating your skin and body. The jars include ingredients that will: Soothe stress & tension, Promote sleep, and Alleviate aches & soreness. In addition, the jars contain Sea and Epsom salt to help draw out the impurities and toxins from your body.